Makeover Real-Man Quiche Recipe
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 8 bacon strips
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 8 egg whites
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastries. Transfer to two 9-in. pie plates. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain and crumble. In the same skillet, saute onions until tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites, egg, milk, cheese, spinach, onions, tomatoes, cornstarch, basil and pepper. Divide between pastries. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 quiches (8 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Makeover Real-Man Quiche(5)
Sort By :
We were very disappointed in this. The frozen spinach gave it a really weird texture.
This is in response to danajoanne420's question. I make a very similar quiche and it works great without a crust. Just be sure to generously spray the pan with cooking spray.
I've made this for Easter Brunch last year and it was a big hit. i was wondering if you could you make this "crustless" and it be even more healthy?
Excellent recipe. I had the leftovers for breakfast. It did take an hour to bake. I will also prebake the crust in the future.
This was delicious - definately a make again. I halved the recipe to just make 1 quiche. I added a package of baby bella mushrooms with the onions. I also used some chopped fresh tomato - patted dry with a paper towel. (not a fan of sundried tomatoes). My quiche took close to an hour to cook - but it was worth it. I think next time I will try precooking the crust.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >