Makeover Pork Chops with Gravy Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and 1/2 cup milk. Combine the bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon parsley and thyme in another shallow bowl. Sprinkle pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dip chops in egg mixture, then crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork chops in 2 tablespoons butter for 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour and remaining salt and pepper until smooth; gradually stir in the cream, broth and remaining milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve gravy with chops; sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 392 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 799mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein .
Reviews for Makeover Pork Chops with Gravy
"This was really good. Kindof like a chicken fried pork chop. The whole family loved it. I will be making this again."
"Good Flavor...Did use more pepper than recipe called for. Will add it to the list of favorites."
"Loved it added a little extra pepper to the gravy, not a drop left!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.