- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, sour cream and poppy seeds. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Stir remaining crumbs into chicken mixture.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with reserved crumbs; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Poppy Seed Chicken
Sort By :
"This is really good and simple to prepare! Everyone likes it!"
"I thought the sauce was too thick. It was more like a dip than a sauce. I might prefer using half the amount of sour cream and add 1/4 c. broth to make it "saucier" Also I think it would be better with sautéed celery and/or onion. And I would use fewer crackers and only put them on the top. Apparently Ritz are classic to this recipe, but I think breadcrumbs on top would work fine, if not better."
"Awesome...loved it : )"
"We're not big poppy seed fans so I left those out. This is so, so good! My husband said if I would let him he would eat the whole dish!"
"Great dish! Very easy too! Mine turned out soupy, so I cooked some noodles, enough for six people, to serve the chicken mixture over. It was excellent! I will definitely make it again!"