Makeover Poppy Seed Chicken Recipe
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, sour cream and poppy seeds. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Stir remaining crumbs into chicken mixture.
- Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with reserved crumbs; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Poppy Seed Chicken(8)
Sort By :
Awesome...loved it : )
We're not big poppy seed fans so I left those out. This is so, so good! My husband said if I would let him he would eat the whole dish!
Great dish! Very easy too! Mine turned out soupy, so I cooked some noodles, enough for six people, to serve the chicken mixture over. It was excellent! I will definitely make it again!
I will definitely make this dish again! Just had it for dinner tonight, made it with FF sour cream, and served it over steamed broccoli. It was delicious!
While I try to avoid using soup as a sauce, it can't be beat for speed, and the reduced calorie soup and crackers don't keep this from being very comforting and tasty. I serve it over noodles to take advantage of its "soupinesss." It's popular with my husband and two teenage sons.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >