- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, sour cream and poppy seeds. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Stir remaining crumbs into chicken mixture.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with reserved crumbs; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Poppy Seed Chicken
Sort By :
"I thought the sauce was too thick. It was more like a dip than a sauce. I might prefer using half the amount of sour cream and add 1/4 c. broth to make it "saucier" Also I think it would be better with sautéed celery and/or onion. And I would use fewer crackers and only put them on the top. Apparently Ritz are classic to this recipe, but I think breadcrumbs on top would work fine, if not better."
"Awesome...loved it : )"
"We're not big poppy seed fans so I left those out. This is so, so good! My husband said if I would let him he would eat the whole dish!"
"Great dish! Very easy too! Mine turned out soupy, so I cooked some noodles, enough for six people, to serve the chicken mixture over. It was excellent! I will definitely make it again!"
"I will definitely make this dish again! Just had it for dinner tonight, made it with FF sour cream, and served it over steamed broccoli. It was delicious!"