This revised recipe is comforting and homey, but with fewer calories and much less fat and cholesterol than the original. We think you'll love the results! —Carolyn Keese, Seneca, South Carolina
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, sour cream and poppy seeds. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Stir remaining crumbs into chicken mixture.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with reserved crumbs; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Poppy Seed Chicken in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p21
Reviews for Makeover Poppy Seed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review