Makeover Pizza Pasta Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced turkey pepperoni (about 1-1/2 ounces)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the Parmesan cheese, vinegar, oil, oregano, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Drain pasta; rinse in cold water
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add pasta and dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 7 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 255 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Makeover Pizza Pasta Salad
"I added chopped red, yellow and orange peppers. My whole family liked this salad."
"Instead of fresh tomatoes, used canned diced."
"most excellent- even in winter- my husband thought it was the best tasting "sauce" for pasta salad. I added cucumbers as they needed to be eaten; and the tomatoes added a delicious sweetness. Thank you~"
"What a yummy, unique salad! I left out the cheddar cheese and used all mozzarella cheese and it tasted great!~ Theresa"