Makeover Pineapple Nut Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar blend
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, sugar blend and baking soda. Combine eggs and pineapple; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Pineapple Nut Cake(43)
Sort By :
i made it, and it's very gooddddddddddd
and so easy...
i don't use sugar cause in méxico the canned pineapple has sugar...
I added a half cup of sugar sub and forgot the other 1/2 cup sugar and it was still excellent
This recipe was a big hit at our church dinner tonight. Easy easy easy to put together. Just prepare with the toasted nuts ahead of the recipe.
You can make Powdered Sugar with Splenda, use the amount you would use of Splenda and add 2 tsps of corn starch in a blender. Blend for less than a minute and you will have powdered sugar. I got this idea from calling Splenda a few years ago. It really works. My husband and I are Diabetic.
This is very good. Note: You can make Powdered Sugar with Splenda, use the amount you would use of Splenda and add 2 tsps of corn starch in a blender. Blend for less than a minutes and you will have powdered sugar. I got this idea from calling Splenda a few years ago. It really works.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >