Makeover Pineapple Nut Cake Recipe
This moist, chunky Makeover Pineapple Nut Cake from our Test Kitchen has even more tangy, tropical flavor than the original from Alice Hofmann, Sussex, Wisconsin. Now she can enjoy it even more often!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar blend
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, sugar blend and baking soda. Combine eggs and pineapple; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- 2. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece equals 253 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC