This moist, chunky Makeover Pineapple Nut Cake from our Test Kitchen has even more tangy, tropical flavor than the original from Alice Hofmann, Sussex, Wisconsin. Now she can enjoy it even more often!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar blend
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, sugar blend and baking soda. Combine eggs and pineapple; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Pineapple Nut Cake in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p9
Reviews for Makeover Pineapple Nut Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review