Makeover Pineapple Casserole
When Sandy Moyer of Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania asked Light & Tasty to trim down her favorite site dish, we happily obliged. Boasting 106 fewer calories and almost 60% less fat, Makeover Pineapple Casserole is a smart addition to any Easter lineup. Try it yourself and see how quickly it becomes a spring staple in your home.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 slices white bread, cubed
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice; set pineapple and juice
- aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a
- time, beating well after each addition. Beat in egg whites. Stir in
- flour, then reserved pineapple and juice. Gently fold in bread
- Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly
- golden. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 229 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.