When Sandy Moyer of Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania asked Light & Tasty to trim down her favorite site dish, we happily obliged. Boasting 106 fewer calories and almost 60% less fat, Makeover Pineapple Casserole is a smart addition to any Easter lineup. Try it yourself and see how quickly it becomes a spring staple in your home.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 slices white bread, cubed
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice; set pineapple and juice aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in egg whites. Stir in flour, then reserved pineapple and juice. Gently fold in bread cubes.
- Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly golden. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Pineapple Casserole in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p45
Reviews for Makeover Pineapple Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review