Makeover Pineapple Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 slices white bread, cubed
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice; set pineapple and juice aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in egg whites. Stir in flour, then reserved pineapple and juice. Gently fold in bread cubes.
- Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly golden. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Pineapple Casserole
Sort By :
Haven't made pineapple casserole for 5 years or more.... decided to try this lighter version and it is SO delicious! My visitors had never had it and the dish went around and around and soon there was hardly any left. I doubled the recipe and put it in a 9x13, it was fairly thick and it baked for 50 minutes. Perfect.
I never had pineapple casserole before making this. It is absolutely wonderful. I'll be making this again, for sure!!! :)
Where is the recipe?
This was easy to make and my family liked it. I added a pinch of cinnamon. :)
i used equal instead of sugar. love it.