Makeover Pick-Me-Up Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Fold in baking chips; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, dissolve espresso powder in water; cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the flour, extract and espresso mixture. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in baking chips.
- 3. Spread half of chocolate mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; top with cream cheese mixture. Spoon remaining chocolate batter over top; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 brownie equals 159 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Makeover Pick-Me-Up Cream Cheese Brownies
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.