Makeover Pecan Corn Pudding Recipe
Every bit as rich and creamy as the original recipe, this magical makeover has crunchy pecans, loads of cheese and a touch of jalapeno. Destined to become a favorite! —Sharon Beshoar, Montrose, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 2 cans (one 14-3/4 ounces, one 8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cornmeal and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and butter. Add cream-style corn, corn and onions. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour half the mixture into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese and jalapenos. Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with pecans.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 269 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC