- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 2 cans (one 14-3/4 ounces, one 8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and butter. Add cream-style corn, corn and onions. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour half the mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese and jalapenos. Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Pecan Corn Pudding
Sort By :
Everyone loved the creamy goodness
this was good - but doesn't beat Southern Plantation Corn Bread
I made this for Thanksgiving and loved it, so did everyone at the table who tried it. The family says this recipe is definetly a keeper. I didn't have reduced fat butter or cheese so I guess mine wasn't very light but it was REALLY good.
I would make this again, but it was just a little dry, as I tried to make it using what I had on hand at the time. I didn't have "reduced fat butter," (isn't that an oxymoron or something? :)), so I cut back on the butter to 1/2 cup. I omitted the pecans since they are so expensive right now, and don't think the dish really needs them. I used four good sized jalapenos, and really expected a wallop of heat from them, but the dish was surprisingly mild. I served this dish at Thanksgiving, and everyone liked it. When I make it again, I will up the butter to the original 3/4 cup, though.
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Corn Pudding >
- Corn Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Makeover Recipes >
- Makeover Side Dish Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >