- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 2 cans (one 14-3/4 ounces, one 8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cornmeal and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and butter. Add cream-style corn, corn and onions. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour half the mixture into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese and jalapenos. Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Pecan Corn Pudding
"I cut this recipe into a third. This was VERY good. Next time I will add more cheese and a little more pecans (personal preference). I also didn't put in the jalapenos because I can't eat anything spicy. Lastly, I didn't really make this "light"... I used regular cheddar cheese and regular butter. Still turned out beautifully. I will definitely be making again in the future!For the 3 - star review, if you had used the proper amount of butter it would not have been dry. I would definitely suggest giving it another shot!"
"I have no idea what reduced fat butter is nor do I think I care to know. Instead of jalapenos I use Serrano peppers. If you are going to use jalapenos DON'T remove the seeds or ribs. If you're going to do that you can use bell pepper instead. I don't use the pecans in this recipe because we like the texture and taste as is and also the kick that comes with the peppers."
"Everyone loved the creamy goodness"
"this was good - but doesn't beat Southern Plantation Corn Bread"
"I made this for Thanksgiving and loved it, so did everyone at the table who tried it. The family says this recipe is definetly a keeper. I didn't have reduced fat butter or cheese so I guess mine wasn't very light but it was REALLY good."