Makeover Pear Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 7 whole crackers)
- 3 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled and sliced
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/4 in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Arrange pear slices over crust.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, remaining sugar and flour until smooth. Add egg and egg substitute; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the milk, lemon juice and peel. Pour over pears.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 272 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Makeover Pear Cheesecake
"This is the best cheesecake I have ever made"