Makeover Peanut Ice Cream Delight Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafers, crushed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread ice cream over crust; sprinkle with peanuts. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- 2. For chocolate sauce, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the milk, chocolate and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool.
- 3. Drizzle chocolate sauce over peanuts. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Drizzle each serving with 2 teaspoons caramel topping. Yield: 24 servings.
1 piece: 296 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Peanut Ice Cream Delight
"I had chocolate chip cookies so I made the crust using the cookies. Also I never have enough crust so I had to make extra--14 oz crushed cookies and 1/2 cup of butter. I used vanilla ice cream with 1/2 sugar. I thought the chocolate layer was too much--maybe just drizzle with chocolate and caramel syrup. It was okay. Very easy to make. My friends enjoyed and asked me for the recipe."
"I modified this slightly. I had two chocolate graham cracker crusts laying around, so I used that as the crust. I split a 1/2 gallon of vanilla bean frozen yogurt between the two crusts, then topped each with peanuts and 1/2 the sauce. It was pretty good, not sure how often I would make it though. Maybe this does need the full fat ice cream to make it work the best."