Makeover Peanut Ice Cream Delight Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafers, crushed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread ice cream over crust; sprinkle with peanuts. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- 2. For chocolate sauce, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the milk, chocolate and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool.
- 3. Drizzle chocolate sauce over peanuts. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Drizzle each serving with 2 teaspoons caramel topping. Yield: 24 servings.
1 piece equals 296 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.