Our Test Kitchen helped Ashley keep the full-fat ice cream in her tasty dessert, while lightening it up at the same time. Cool vanilla ice cream is the perfect match for the chocolate wafer crust and chocolate-caramel topping. You won't believe this is light! Ashley Neumann - Metamora, MI
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafers, crushed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread ice cream over crust; sprinkle with peanuts. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- For chocolate sauce, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the milk, chocolate and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over peanuts. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Drizzle each serving with 2 teaspoons caramel topping. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Peanut Ice Cream Delight in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p22
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Makeover Peanut Ice Cream Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review