- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafers, crushed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread ice cream over crust; sprinkle with peanuts. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- For chocolate sauce, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the milk, chocolate and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over peanuts. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Drizzle each serving with 2 teaspoons caramel topping. Yield: 24 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Makeover Peanut Ice Cream Delight
"I had chocolate chip cookies so I made the crust using the cookies. Also I never have enough crust so I had to make extra--14 oz crushed cookies and 1/2 cup of butter. I used vanilla ice cream with 1/2 sugar. I thought the chocolate layer was too much--maybe just drizzle with chocolate and caramel syrup. It was okay. Very easy to make. My friends enjoyed and asked me for the recipe."
"I modified this slightly. I had two chocolate graham cracker crusts laying around, so I used that as the crust. I split a 1/2 gallon of vanilla bean frozen yogurt between the two crusts, then topped each with peanuts and 1/2 the sauce. It was pretty good, not sure how often I would make it though. Maybe this does need the full fat ice cream to make it work the best."