Makeover Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
Using fat-free cream cheese, reduced-fat peanut butter, skim milk and fat-free frozen whipped topping, they trimmed down the fat in this fabulous pie. It is every bit as mouthwatering as the original version.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Mix in peanut butter and sugar. Gradually add milk; mix well. Gently fold in whipped topping. Spoon into the crust. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 8 slices.
One slice equals 280 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC