- set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly.
- Beat in the egg, egg whites, melted chips, applesauce and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to
- peanut butter mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until
- a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, melted chips,
- vanilla and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in confectioners'
- sugar until smooth. Spread between layers and over top and sides of
- cake. Garnish with peanuts if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 432 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.