Makeover Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
Christmas wouldn't be the same for Diana Osborn and her family in Wichita, Kansas without this traditional treat. Our Test Kitchen cut the fat and calories so she could keep her family's luscious tradition.
- 3/4 cup sugar blend
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar blend, milk, butter and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar blend is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil for 7 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 224°, stirring constantly.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in chips until melted. Stir in the marshmallow creme, peanut butter and vanilla until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 4. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 81 pieces.
1 piece equals 43 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC