Makeover Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Recipe
Makeover Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Recipe
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, divided
- 6 peanut butter cups, cut into small wedges
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat peanut butter on high for 30 seconds or until softened. Spread over crust to within 1 in. of edges.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour 1 cup into a bowl; set aside. Pour remaining filling over peanut butter layer.
- 4. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat 1/4 cup fudge topping on high for 30 seconds or until thin; fold into reserved cream cheese mixture. Carefully pour over filling; cut through with a knife to swirl.
- 5. Return pan to baking sheet. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 6. Microwave remaining fudge topping on high for 30 seconds or until warmed; spread over cheesecake. Garnish with peanut butter cups. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 316 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
Sort By :
"This sounds really good, one thing I would change is to make the crust out of almond meal. I have stopped using graham crackers. The almond meal is so much better. It doesn't have all the sugar so your not putting sugar on top of sugar. Hope this gives you some more ideas."
"I have made this several times in the full fat recipes - in fact I get about 6 requests a year to make it...I will try the lower fat version!! Thanks!"
"A big yes, it was great, everyone enjoyed it. Not to rich and a classic pairing of peanut butter and chocolate."
"Everyone loved it. Easy to make, a nice presentation. We did not find it to rich, it had a creamy texture with the peanut butter and chocolate a great pairing."
"the presantation i think is the best part this looks and tastes soo yummy"
"I did not make this cheescake fat free. Very good everyone likes it."
"This was FABULOUS. My boyfriend couldn't believe it wasn't store bought. Making it for Thanksgiving!"
"I followed the recipe exactly and no one liked it. Don't know why because nobody could say exactly what was wrong. Sorry"
"Made this for family and was a big hit! We love cheesecake and everyone loved it!"
"This was pretty good, but very rich! It's a solid 4.5!"
"I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it.http://www.seobaba.com/search_engine_promotion_london_uk/search_engine_promotion_london_uk.html"
"I've made this cheesecake this way ever since the original was printed in Taste of Home. It presents lovely and I'm always ask for the recipe. I use all dark chocolate since this is my personal favorite."
"This was AWESOME. Only one slice left and tons of yums from our Easter Bunch. I used natural peanut butter, gluten free graham crackers, 8 snack size reeses and a high quality dark chocolate all natural fudge topping. Tip: allow your fudge to cool a tad or your reeses will melt."
"My family loved this! I will definitely make this again."
"Made this cheesecake for my uncles 50th birthday party and it was gone in no time,should have made two of them.Will make again."
"Made this cheesecake for my uncles 50th birthday party and it was gone in no time,should have made two of them.Will"
"I thought this was good..and to jswat5, I have yet to find a cheesecake recipe that is not considered less than 8-12 servings. If you give the recommended amount and it is for a treat which it is supposed to be it is more than realistic. I think you are in the wrong section in my humble opinion. If you think it is not a correct serving size you should not be in the "makeover" or healthy eating sections. They all recommend small portions.I think you meant to look in the regular recipe sections.I am sure some of them would like 4-6 servings for a cheesecake."
"Family loved but very rich. Next time I would leave off the fudge."
"It was nothing to write home about. And really.....16 slices from a 9 inch cake???? That's the only reason this cake has so few calories per slice. Not realistic."
"I substituted the sour cream with Greek yogurt. It tasted the same and increased the protein."
"A-one hit with co-workers. A little work, but well worth it."
"this cheesecake was delicious!! I couldn't find fat-free cream cheese so I used all low-fat. I also used low-fat peanut butter and dark chocolate peanut butter cups. HUGE hit"
"Bad texture, had asour taste"
"I've made this 2X and it was such a big hit!! Use a good hot fudge sauce or make your own....."
"Wow, everyone at work who tried it said it tasted awesome!"
"Indeed, I like this one. I am a fan of chocolate peanut butter and cheesecake. The peanut butter doesn't spread well, so I just made do. I used splenda instead of sugar. I like the fact that it is light and not too sweet. Definitely a keeper."
"If interested, you can find the original recipe here:http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Peanut-Butter-Cup-Cheesecake"
"This dessert was pretty good and easy to put together which is always a plus."