Makeover Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Recipe
No one will ever guess this decadently rich, firmer-textured cheesecake, originally from Sharon Anderson of Lyons, Illinois has been lightened up. We promise! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, divided
- 6 peanut butter cups, cut into small wedges
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat peanut butter on high for 30 seconds or until softened. Spread over crust to within 1 in. of edges.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour 1 cup into a bowl; set aside. Pour remaining filling over peanut butter layer.
- 4. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat 1/4 cup fudge topping on high for 30 seconds or until thin; fold into reserved cream cheese mixture. Carefully pour over filling; cut through with a knife to swirl.
- 5. Return pan to baking sheet. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 6. Microwave remaining fudge topping on high for 30 seconds or until warmed; spread over cheesecake. Garnish with peanut butter cups. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 316 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC