Makeover Patrician Potatoes
The Thanksgiving table just isn’t complete without a steaming side of mashed potatoes. This makeover transformed high-fat Patrician Potatoes into a light side that still tastes decadent.
12 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 5 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash with butter. In a
- small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and salt until light
- and fluffy; add to potatoes. Stir in chives.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 207 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 563 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,