Makeover Patrician Potatoes Recipe
The Thanksgiving table just isn’t complete without a steaming side of mashed potatoes. This makeover transformed high-fat Patrician Potatoes into a light side that still tastes decadent.
- 5 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash with butter. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and salt until light and fluffy; add to potatoes. Stir in chives.
- 3. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup equals 207 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 563 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Makeover Patrician Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC