The Thanksgiving table just isn’t complete without a steaming side of mashed potatoes. This makeover transformed high-fat Patrician Potatoes into a light side that still tastes decadent.
- 5 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash with butter. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and salt until light and fluffy; add to potatoes. Stir in chives.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Patrician Potatoes in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p11
Reviews for Makeover Patrician Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review