Makeover Patrician Potatoes Recipe
The Thanksgiving table just isn’t complete without a steaming side of mashed potatoes. This makeover transformed high-fat Patrician Potatoes into a light side that still tastes decadent.
- 5 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash with butter. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and salt until light and fluffy; add to potatoes. Stir in chives.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Patrician Potatoes in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p11
Reviews for Makeover Patrician Potatoes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2011
The whole family loved these! I used left over mashed potato's from the night before....easy and delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Makeover Recipes >
- Makeover Side Dish Recipes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >