Makeover Overnight Yeast Waffles Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups warm fat-free milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the milk, egg yolks, butter and oil (refrigerate egg whites). Combine flour and salt; stir into milk mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Stir batter; fold in egg whites.
- For each waffle, pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls into a preheated waffle iron; bake according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Overnight Yeast Waffles
Sort By :
These waffles are good for a school morning. The batter did separate overnight, but came together fine when I folded in the egg whites. Be careful not to pour as much batter into waffle iron, it will run over the edge! The batter is thin, but the waffles are very crispy, not as dense. They have a sourdough smell when cooking.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >