Makeover Overnight French Toast Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- BERRY SAUCE:
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen unsweetened mixed berries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg substitute, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Place bread slices in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes; pour egg mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Coat two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with butter-flavored cooking spray. Carefully transfer bread to prepared pans.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Carefully turn slices over. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown and slightly puffed.
- 4. Meanwhile, combine berries and sugar. Serve with French toast. Yield: 8 servings.
2 slices French toast with 1/3 cup sauce: 294 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein .
Reviews for Makeover Overnight French Toast
"Tried this recipe and it was AWESOME!!!!!! The smell of the vanilla as it was cooking was amazing. Will definitely make some more! Actually did a double batch and froze them to have in the morning when time is short! Freeze well too! Definitely worth a try!"
"Easy recipe. Made it for a family brunch, everybody loved it. Copied the recipe for 3 family members"
"This turned out great - will definitely make again. The bread puffed up nicely and browned in the oven. I used a baking sheet instead of a pan (with nonstick spray), and it worked fine. Since we love vanilla, I think I'd increase the amount used just a bit next time. It's a keeper!"