- 4 eggs
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- BERRY SAUCE:
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen unsweetened mixed berries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg substitute, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Place bread slices in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes; pour egg mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Coat two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with butter-flavored cooking spray. Carefully transfer bread to prepared pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Carefully turn slices over. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown and slightly puffed.
- Meanwhile, combine berries and sugar. Serve with French toast. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Overnight French Toast
Sort By :
"Tried this recipe and it was AWESOME!!!!!! The smell of the vanilla as it was cooking was amazing. Will definitely make some more! Actually did a double batch and froze them to have in the morning when time is short! Freeze well too! Definitely worth a try!"
"Easy recipe. Made it for a family brunch, everybody loved it. Copied the recipe for 3 family members"
"This turned out great - will definitely make again. The bread puffed up nicely and browned in the oven. I used a baking sheet instead of a pan (with nonstick spray), and it worked fine. Since we love vanilla, I think I'd increase the amount used just a bit next time. It's a keeper!"