Makeover Out-on-the-Range Cookies Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring, optional
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until crumbly. Beat in the next five ingredients. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
One serving (1 cookie) equals 103 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.