- Combine dry ingredients; fold into egg mixture. Spread batter into
- prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until cake springs back when
- lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel
- dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll
- up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake; spread ice cream over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Cover and
- freeze until firm.
- Meanwhile, for caramel sauce, in a small saucepan, combine brown
- sugar and flour. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over
- medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg
- yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; gently stir
- in butter. Serve with ice cream roll. Sprinkle with pecans if
- desired. Yield: 12 servings (1-3/4 cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with about 2 tablespoons sauce (calculated without pecans) equals 319 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.