Makeover Old-Fashioned Banana Cake Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups cubed firm bananas
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Beat into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in pineapple. Fold in the bananas, cherries and walnuts.
- 2. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Add the batter. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 304 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Makeover Old-Fashioned Banana Cake
"Never mind...I just misread. Fine reading teacher I am!"
"Since I am doing Weight Watcher's, I really need the caloric count and fat and fiber for the makeover cake. You did not give that."