- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, applesauce, oil and syrup until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and allspice; gradually beat into applesauce mixture until blended. Stir in raisins.
- Spread batter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Oatmeal Bars
Sort By :
These bars are easy to make for a fast breakfast or a snack. Just the right amount of moisture. The kids loved these.
Pretty good! Perfect for school lunches. ( I don't find these bars to be dry at all.)
I know it was healthy to begin with but i wanted to cut the oil out and change it up. i used turbinado sugar in place of the regular sugar,1 medium banana in place of the oil,amber agave syrup in place of maple syrup,whole wheat flour instead of white and 1/3 cup dried cranberries instead of raisins..it turned out AWESOME and i will definately make it again!
It was very dry. I wondered if some of the ingredients were incorrect or missing
These turned out great. I took them to an event and others asked me for the recipe.