Makeover Oatmeal Bars Recipe
These delicious bars are even more moist and chewier than the original recipe, but with all the old-fashioned oatmeal flavor and only half the fat! Clyde Williams - Chambersburg, PA
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, applesauce, oil and syrup until well blended.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and allspice; gradually beat into applesauce mixture until blended. Stir in raisins.
- 3. Spread batter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 20 servings.
1 bar equals 127 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC