These delicious bars are even more moist and chewier than the original recipe, but with all the old-fashioned oatmeal flavor and only half the fat! Clyde Williams - Chambersburg, PA
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, applesauce, oil and syrup until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and allspice; gradually beat into applesauce mixture until blended. Stir in raisins.
- Spread batter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Oatmeal Bars in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p22
Reviews for Makeover Oatmeal Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review