We think you'll feel good about serving this fabulous brunch dish, now that it's lower in saturated fat by 8 g and in cholesterol by 115 mg. —Cathy Tang, Redmond, Washington
- 1 package (12 ounces) yolk-free noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 3 whole crackers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Toss with butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cottage cheese, sugar, eggs, egg substitute, sour cream and ricotta cheese until well blended. Stir in noodles.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Noodle Kugel in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p26
Reviews for Makeover Noodle Kugel
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review