Makeover Noodle Kugel Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) yolk-free noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 3 whole crackers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Toss with butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cottage cheese, sugar, eggs, egg substitute, sour cream and ricotta cheese until well blended. Stir in noodles.
- 3. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece equals 271 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.