Makeover Noodle Kugel Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) yolk-free noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 3 whole crackers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Toss with butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cottage cheese, sugar, eggs, egg substitute, sour cream and ricotta cheese until well blended. Stir in noodles.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 15 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Makeover Noodle Kugel(2)
Sort By :
Even my picky eaters loved this casserole. It's a snap to fix and sweet, but not too sweet. Perfect for brunch or make ahead for ready to heat-and-eat breakfasts. Be sure to stir the noodles into the egg/cheese mixture so they get well coated. Yum!
My first attempt at kugel - turned out great! Definitely tasted like a noodle-y custard...very yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Hanukkah Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Makeover Recipes >