Makeover Nacho Beef Bake Recipe
Our Test Kitchen wiped out almost 100 calories and half the fat from Carla's original recipe, while salvaging its signature nacho chip topping and hearty beefy filling and incorporating a generous amount of veggies. You'll love it! Carla Weeks - Independence, IA
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces baked nacho-flavored tortilla chips (about 2 cups), crushed
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, water and taco seasoning; mash slightly. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until heated through; set aside.
- 2. Unroll crescent dough and press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; seal seams and perforations. Spoon beef mixture over dough. Spread sour cream over beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese and chips.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce and tomatoes. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 357 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 728 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Nacho Beef Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC