- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces baked nacho-flavored tortilla chips (about 2 cups), crushed
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, water and taco seasoning; mash slightly. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until heated through; set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough and press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; seal seams and perforations. Spoon beef mixture over dough. Spread sour cream over beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese and chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce and tomatoes. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Nacho Beef Bake
"A similar pizza is a huge seller at a popular local restaurant. (Minus sour cream...they swirl taco sauce on top and no beans). They call it a Tostada Pizza. Every kid who comes back home to visit has to go to The Ambassador for their Tostada Pizza fix. I use to make it when the kids were living at home.. You've made me hungry for it again. I'll be making it without the exorbitant restaurant cost. Even less costly would be to make your own pizza dough. Taste better too. Thanks"
"Kids loved it. We did bake dough first then added meat mixture cooked for 5 min. just to melt cheese."
"Nice change and perfect for a summer meal."
"This has great flavor but the dough didn't cook on the bottom. Next time, I will try and bake the crust first, add the ingredients and bake until cheese melts. Then add the lettuce and tomatoes. I will try this again. We loved the flavor and it was fun---if we didn't have to scrape off the raw dough. ;)"
"Fresh and full of flavor !"
"Kids LOVED this! didn't go low fat - used Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese and drizzled each slice w/mild taco sauce - awesome idea to use for home daycare -"
"Soooo good it's definitely a keeper and we've already made this twice in one month!"
"This was very good. I used 2 Lbs. of ground sirloin, sauteed onions with the beef, and I didn't mash after I added the beans. Makes less than 12 servings. Everyone went back for seconds, so it was more like 6 servings."
"We just finished eating this, and everyone liked it. It is going into my recipe rotation, for sure! I recipe is great as is, but you can also make variations easily with whatever you have in your pantry. I actually added a can of chopped green chilies, and greek yogurt instead of sour cream...I even thought about calling corn (and probably will next time)."