Makeover Nacho Beef Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces baked nacho-flavored tortilla chips (about 2 cups), crushed
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, water and taco seasoning; mash slightly. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until heated through; set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough and press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; seal seams and perforations. Spoon beef mixture over dough. Spread sour cream over beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese and chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce and tomatoes. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Nacho Beef Bake
Sort By :
"This has great flavor but the dough didn't cook on the bottom. Next time, I will try and bake the crust first, add the ingredients and bake until cheese melts. Then add the lettuce and tomatoes. I will try this again. We loved the flavor and it was fun---if we didn't have to scrape off the raw dough. ;)"
"Fresh and full of flavor !"
"Kids LOVED this! didn't go low fat - used Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese and drizzled each slice w/mild taco sauce - awesome idea to use for home daycare -"
"My daughter loves nachos, so I was excited to find a healthy dinner recipe! My family absolutely loved it!! We will continue to use this recipe for years to come."
"Soooo good it's definitely a keeper and we've already made this twice in one month!"