Makeover Monterey Jack Corn Bake Recipe
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2-3/4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, egg whites and sour cream. Add the corn, bread crumbs, Monterey Jack cheese, salt and pepper; mix well.
- 2. Pour into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 225 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 lean meat.