Donna Nortman of Camillus, New York knew that this delectable side dish wasn't too healthy for her family, so she asked us to help. We delivered a side dish that is tops on taste and has less than half the fat, saturated fat and cholesterol than Donna's original recipe. — Taste of Home's Test Kitchen
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2-3/4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, egg whites and sour cream. Add the corn, bread crumbs, Monterey Jack cheese, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Pour into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Monterey Jack Corn Bake in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p10
Reviews for Makeover Monterey Jack Corn Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2014
"I also added chopped onion to add more flavor."
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2009
"I added 1 small chopped onion and 1/2 tsp. garlic powder."