Makeover Monterey Jack Corn Bake Recipe
Donna Nortman of Camillus, New York knew that this delectable side dish wasn't too healthy for her family, so she asked us to help. We delivered a side dish that is tops on taste and has less than half the fat, saturated fat and cholesterol than Donna's original recipe. — Taste of Home's Test Kitchen
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2-3/4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, egg whites and sour cream. Add the corn, bread crumbs, Monterey Jack cheese, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Pour into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Monterey Jack Corn Bake in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p10
Reviews for Makeover Monterey Jack Corn Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2014
"I also added chopped onion to add more flavor."
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2009
"I added 1 small chopped onion and 1/2 tsp. garlic powder."