Makeover Molten Chocolate Cakes Recipe
If you want to indulge in an irresistible dessert for a special dinner or the holidays, try these trimmer treats. They have 40% fewer calories and about 60% less fat and cholesterol than the originals. Yet they are still full of chocolaty flavor.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 7 egg whites
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place the butter, cocoa and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 20 seconds; stir. Microwave at 50% power 20 seconds longer; stir until smooth. Add the eggs, egg whites, confectioners' sugar, brown sugar and vanilla; mix well. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Pour into seven 6-oz. custard cups coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Place custard cups on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160°. Remove from the oven and let stand for 1 minute. Run a knife around edge of custard cups; invert onto individual dessert plates. Serve immediately. Yield: 7 servings.
One cake equals 346 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Molten Chocolate Cakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC