- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 7 egg whites
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place the butter, cocoa and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 20 seconds; stir. Microwave at 50% power 20 seconds longer; stir until smooth. Add the eggs, egg whites, confectioners' sugar, brown sugar and vanilla; mix well. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Pour into seven 6-oz. custard cups coated with cooking spray.
- Place custard cups on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160°. Remove from the oven and let stand for 1 minute. Run a knife around edge of custard cups; invert onto individual dessert plates. Serve immediately. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Molten Chocolate Cakes
Sort By :
"I have not tried to make this recipe but from the comments I can guess that what is need is for the egg whites to be whipped separately then folded into the chocolate mixture. I have also learned that whenever I am adding something hot to anything it is best to first let it cool some and then add a little to incorporate. Once that has been done then add the rest. That way the eggs do not seize up and you do not get overly eggie tasting cakes."
"when i made this recipe and it came out loocking NOTHING like this photo :(it had a hole in the center and tasted sooo eggie!i thought it was my mistake or i missed something from the ingredientsBUT I DID NOTi'm sorry but i will not recommend this recipe at all."
"My friend and I made these EXACTLY as directed. Once the egg whites were added to the chocolate mixture, it did not mix well. WHen baked, the center was runny chocolate and the top cake-like as in the picture, but the bottom 2/3 of the product was 'egg-like.' Should the chocolate cool before adding the egg whites? The bottom part really did not taste good."