- In a large bowl, beat the sugars, applesauce, oil, eggs, egg whites
- and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder,
- cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture
- until blended. Stir in the carrots, pineapple, raisins and walnuts.
- Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake
- at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheeses and vanilla until
- fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cake.
- Sprinkle with walnuts. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 406 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.