- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 5 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat the sugars, applesauce, oil, eggs, egg whites and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in the carrots, pineapple, raisins and walnuts.
- Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheeses and vanilla until fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cake. Sprinkle with walnuts. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Moist Carrot Cake
Sort By :
"I always use this recipe for Carrot Cake, with few variations. It is my ALL TIME FAVORITE! It never fails to get raves from everyone who tastes it."
"Excellent taste and texture. Keeps well in the fridge--still tasted great after 1 week."
"I made this recipe twice in one week! I took some sugar off the cake and the frosting and it was still Delicious. My favorite"