I asked the Taste of Home Test kitchen to help lighten up the Mini Bacon Quiches recipe my friends and family love—but not to touch the bacon! Calories, fat and sodium were slashed—but not one lick of real bacon flavor! —Julie Hieggelke, Grayslake, Illinois
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash pepper
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Place tart shells on an ungreased baking sheet; fill each with 2 teaspoons mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until filling is set and shells are lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Makeover Mini Bacon Quiches in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p12
Reviews for Makeover Mini Bacon Quiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review