Makeover Mini Bacon Quiches Recipe
I asked the Taste of Home Test kitchen to help lighten up the Mini Bacon Quiches recipe my friends and family love—but not to touch the bacon! Calories, fat and sodium were slashed—but not one lick of real bacon flavor! —Julie Hieggelke, Grayslake, Illinois
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash pepper
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Place tart shells on an ungreased baking sheet; fill each with 2 teaspoons mixture.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until filling is set and shells are lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 54 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC