Makeover Mexican Roll-Ups
It's surprising what a quick substitution or two will do. By simply switching from full-fat products to reduced- or low-fat, you can often save lots of fat and calories while keeping flavor and texture.
This is certainly the case with Leigh Thomas' Makeover Mexican Roll-Ups. The cook from Hahira, Georgia uses fat-free cream cheese and reduced-fat sour cream; this cuts nearly 70% of the fat and
50 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
- Salsa, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread over
- tortillas. Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for
- 1 hour or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into scant 1-in. slices. Serve with salsa if desired.
- Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without salsa) equals 40 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.