Makeover Mexican Roll-Ups Recipe
It's surprising what a quick substitution or two will do. By simply switching from full-fat products to reduced- or low-fat, you can often save lots of fat and calories while keeping flavor and texture. This is certainly the case with Leigh Thomas' Makeover Mexican Roll-Ups. The cook from Hahira, Georgia uses fat-free cream cheese and reduced-fat sour cream; this cuts nearly 70% of the fat and a whopping 75% of the cholesterol.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
- Salsa, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread over tortillas. Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into scant 1-in. slices. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Makeover Mexican Roll-Ups in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p8
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Makeover Mexican Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2012
Great for a packed lunch for school or work.
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2010
have and love it. More healthy recipes are so important to our health