Makeover Mediterranean Chicken & Beans Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic salt, rosemary and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Stir in beans and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove from the heat. Top with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 378 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Mediterranean Chicken & Beans
"This is awesome. I used boneless chicken thighs instead of the bone-in. I also doubled the beans and tomatoes for leftovers. Tastes great."
"Loved this recipe! ---used boneless skinless chicken breast"
"I was surprised by how tasty this dish was with it having such few ingredients and spices. It also didn't take long to make. FYI: I didn't have any rosemary so I used thyme instead which I read could be used as a substitute."
"I've made this wonderful dish several times! Everyone loves it. Once, I only had Mexican tomatoes in the cupboard, so I changed the spices and cheese to match and it turned out beautifully that way too. I cook it a bit longer, for even more tender chicken. YUM!"
"This was excellent! May add extra beans and diced tomatoes next time and as stated some extra seasonings. Overall, will make again and love this dish!"
"This was really good! I think when Imake it again, maybe I'll add a few more spices to give it more "zip," but I liked the flavor of the chicken and tomato/bean combination."
"Excellent flavor, very tender, substituted Herbs De Province for Rosemary, added Sauteed onions and garlic to the recipe as well. I was very impressed with this recipe."
"Delish! I added onion and garlic, and increased the seasonings. It was good the first night, but even better the next day after the flavors had blended."