- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic salt, rosemary and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Stir in beans and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove from the heat. Top with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Mediterranean Chicken & Beans
Sort By :
Loved this recipe! ---used boneless skinless chicken breast
I was surprised by how tasty this dish was with it having such few ingredients and spices. It also didn't take long to make. FYI: I didn't have any rosemary so I used thyme instead which I read could be used as a substitute.
I've made this wonderful dish several times! Everyone loves it. Once, I only had Mexican tomatoes in the cupboard, so I changed the spices and cheese to match and it turned out beautifully that way too. I cook it a bit longer, for even more tender chicken. YUM!
I really liked this dish! I used boneless chicken thighs because I couldn't find bone in chicken thighs so I reduced the cooking time. Fantastic! Even my picky 6 year old ate it!
This was excellent! May add extra beans and diced tomatoes next time and as stated some extra seasonings. Overall, will make again and love this dish!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >