- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic salt, rosemary and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Stir in beans and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove from the heat. Top with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Mediterranean Chicken & Beans
Sort By :
"Loved this recipe! ---used boneless skinless chicken breast"
"I was surprised by how tasty this dish was with it having such few ingredients and spices. It also didn't take long to make. FYI: I didn't have any rosemary so I used thyme instead which I read could be used as a substitute."
"I've made this wonderful dish several times! Everyone loves it. Once, I only had Mexican tomatoes in the cupboard, so I changed the spices and cheese to match and it turned out beautifully that way too. I cook it a bit longer, for even more tender chicken. YUM!"
"I really liked this dish! I used boneless chicken thighs because I couldn't find bone in chicken thighs so I reduced the cooking time. Fantastic! Even my picky 6 year old ate it!"
"This was excellent! May add extra beans and diced tomatoes next time and as stated some extra seasonings. Overall, will make again and love this dish!"