Not only does this cooking method make really juicy chicken thighs, it saves you time scrubbing an extra pan. —Marie Rizzio Interlochen, Michigan
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic salt, rosemary and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Stir in beans and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove from the heat. Top with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Mediterranean Chicken & Beans in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012, p28
Reviews for Makeover Mediterranean Chicken & Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review