Makeover Maple Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs; mix well. Beat in milk and applesauce (mixture may appear curdled). Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to butter mixture just until moistened. Spread half of the batter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine filling ingredients; sprinkle half of filling over the batter. Gently top with remaining batter and filling. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Combine icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 318 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Maple Coffee Cake
"This cake was ok but for my taste it was not sweet enough."
"Very good and very easy to make. I omited the frosting, because I was out of confectioners sugar."
"I made it and is deliciousthank you for charing"