Makeover Maple Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs; mix well. Beat in milk and applesauce (mixture may appear curdled). Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to butter mixture just until moistened. Spread half of the batter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine filling ingredients; sprinkle half of filling over the batter. Gently top with remaining batter and filling. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Combine icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 318 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Maple Coffee Cake
"This cake was ok but for my taste it was not sweet enough."
"Very good and very easy to make. I omited the frosting, because I was out of confectioners sugar."
"I made it and is deliciousthank you for charing"